The Utilities Consumer Advocate's Annual Report for 2015-2016 includes the following key achievements:
- Initiated participation in 35 Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) proceedings and intervened in 127 issues.
- Received favourable responses from the AUC on 50% of issues.*
- Total cost disallowances from UCA evidence cited in AUC decisions from the year were $30 million.*
- Assisted almost 40,000 Albertans looking for information or assistance related to their electricity or natural gas services.
- Established a Consumer Education and Awareness program, including a redesigned website; mediation services awareness campaign; and stakeholder outreach program.
- Facilitated the reconnection of 67 disconnected customers during the 2015/2016 winter as part of the AUC’s Winter Utility Reconnection Program.
* Note – From April 1st to October 18th, 2016 – the UCA has received favourable responses from the AUC on 73.6% of issues contained in proceedings, and the total cost disallowances from UCA evidence cited in AUC decisions during that period were $203 million.
Read the report and learn more about the UCA's yearly accomplishments.