Starting July 2018, ATCO Gas will implement a new method of obtaining your natural gas meter reading. It will change from an Automated Meter Reading to Aerial Meter Reading.
What will change:
- Meter readers will no longer visit your site;
- The radio transmitter will send your gas meter reading to a plane flying overhead.
What will not change:
- Your existing meter or any other natural gas distribution equipment on your property;
- Your distribution fees.
What you should expect:
- Between July and September 2018, you may see changes to when your statement is created/due.
- You may receive two bills in the same month or one slightly larger bill.
- Some billing periods will be longer and some shorter on your July or August 2018 statements.
How much will my statement dates change?
- For regulated consumers, enter your account number here to find your new billing dates.
- For contract consumers, you can contact ATCO Gas directly to find out your new meter reading cycle.
For specific questions on the meter readings, please visit the ATCO Gas website at www.atcogas.com/amr, or contact them toll-free at 310-5678.
For more information on how this will affect your billing, please contact your retailer.
NOTE: If you are a Direct Energy customer, please visit their website for more information.